- 339 (Registered)
Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder from Tara Delaney
Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder Over 75 Proven Strategies for Social Skills, Behavior and Learning from Tara Delaney
Duration:6 Hours 02 Minutes | Format:Audio and Video
Sensory Processing Components and Strategies
Autism: Concepts & Research
- Latest brain research
- Executive function
- Theory of Mind
- Central Coherence Theory
- Mirror neurons
Praxis (Motor Planning)
- Impact on those with autism
- Gross motor
- Fine motor
- Strategies for teaching new motor skills including activities of daily living
- 0 to 3
- Non-contingent sensory diet
- Safe activities (e.g. bath time) to introduce new textures
- Sensory activities to expand play
- Sensory activities to promote language
- Early grades
- Sensory input to increase focus on a task
- Teach Change
- Middle school
- Sensory with executive function strategies
- Social sensory stories the student creates
- Case studies
- Incorporate sensory with Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Sensory paired with visual communication strategies
Presented by Tara Delaney, MS, OTR/L, nationally known child development expert and author
- Build new neuropathways using concrete sensory strategies to increase engagement
- Recognize early signs of sensory defensiveness “before” they result in behavior issues
- Role of mirror neurons for motor development & social skills
Watch this seminar and learn the sensory connection to behavior and learning struggles for kids with autism. You will leave with strategies to promote language, increase focus and expand play, as well as other creative ideas to design new and innovative techniques!
Early signs of sensory processing difficulties that may be linked to autism will be more recognizable. The latest brain research supports using sensory integration theory as a lens for viewing specific behavioral, learning and social challenges, such as:
- Inattention & increased distraction
- Difficulty with visual motor tasks
- Hitting self & others
- Escaping behaviors
- Extreme reactions to sensory input
Take home a toolbox full of sensory strategies to aid children with autism, and increase their success both academically and socially!
Tara Delaney is an author of both fiction and non-fiction books. Her most recent book is a fiction novel, The Red Bike.
The Red Bike, asks the question, “Is it the life our parents led or the one they left behind that impacts us more profoundly?” When wildlife photographer, Abigail Gallagher, captures the tenderness between a protective mother gorilla and her newborn baby, she wonders if she can ever feel the same family bonds. First, she must rid herself of the intense anger she has carried since learning of her mother’s affair.
Tara is a best selling author of non-fiction books related to sensory processing disorder and autism. Her books include: The Sensory Processing Disorder Answer Book: Practical Answers to the Top 250 Questions Parents Ask; 101 Games and Activities for Children With Autism, Asperger’s and Sensory Processing Disorders as well as Building Social Skills for Autism, Sensory Processing Disorders and Learning Disabilities: Over 105 Strategies, Activities and Sensory Tools for Children and Adolescents. She speaks throughout the country on autism, sensory processing and dyslexia.
Tara Delaney is an occupational therapist MS OTR/L who has been practicing for more than twenty years. She has advanced training and education in the practices of sensory integration, therapeutic listening, visual-perception, and visual-vestibular integration. She graduated from the University of Texas Health Science Center in Biology and Occupational Therapy before attending graduate school at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
More From Categories : HEALTH – FITNESS – LIFESTYLE – MEDICAL
- 1 Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder from Tara Delaney
- 1.0.1 Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder Over 75 Proven Strategies for Social Skills, Behavior and Learning from Tara Delaney
- 1.0.2 About Author
Curriculum is empty
The world's leading collection of online courses, you can find the courses you need at Crabprofit.com. Please contact me if you need more information.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Comodo SSL encryp
- Learn Anywhere on any device
- Lifetime Support
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English