- 309 (Registered)
Shelley Hanlon – Work The System Academy
Shelley Hanlon – Work The System Academy
Archive : Shelley Hanlon – Work The System Academy
Consider these staggering facts
Only 20 out of 100 business start-ups survive 5 years.
Only 4 out of that 20 make it another 5 years
Only 1 out of that 4 make it another 5 years!
Is your business on life support, slipping gradually towards oblivion on its way to becoming just another statistic? Or, is it just stuck and there seems to be no hope for relief?
Fortunately, there is a way to turn things around before it’s too late…
I will show you the exact, proven blueprint I used to transform my failing business into a money-generating machine that only requires 2 hours of my attention per week!
What I’m about to share with you is NOT another “get-rich-quick” scheme. And it’s NOT yet another ploy that only offers temporary solutions to the long-term (major) business problems of low profit, operational chaos…and an exhausting lifestyle for the owner…
I’m going to give you specific strategies you can immediately start implementing in your business. Again, these approaches aren’t temporary fixes. This is the same methodology we’ve implemented in leadership-level consultations with companies with annual revenues ranging from ten million to fifty million to one half billion dollars per year…and they will work for you regardless of the size of your company.
My name is Sam Carpenter, author of Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of MAKING MORE AND WORKING LESS, and for 30 years the owner of Centratel – the highest quality answering service in the United States…and likely the entire world. What follows is a story. Not any story, but my story. It’s the narrative of how I changed my perspective – in an instant – and then quickly took my business from absolute failure to overwhelming success, and created the Work the System Method in the process – a powerful Methodology that WILL transform your business…
But before I do, I’ll ask you a couple of questions, and be honest with yourself with your answers.
Are you spending an enormous amount of time and energy “fighting fires” and dealing with chaos in your business?
Are you making very little money in the process?
Do you feel trapped by your business – afraid to expand and equally afraid to give up?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you will benefit from what I am about to share with you, because I was just like you not too many years ago. But, due to what seemed like sheer dumb-luck at the time, I discovered a way to turn it all around.
On December 1, 1984, at the age of thirty-five, I bought Girl Friday Telephone Answering Service, an ailing telecom business in my hometown of Bend, Oregon. The total purchase price was $21,000; the down payment, $5,000, which I borrowed. There were seven employees, 140 small clients ($40 per month each), and 400 square feet of office space.
I changed the name to Centratel to reflect the changing times and then set out to blaze new trails as any new business owner does. But it didn’t happen.
Despite growing volume, our profits weren’t increasing. The business was a disorganized nightmare, always on the brink of disaster, and my personal life, what there was of it, devolved into shambles. Within a year, I went through a divorce and then proceeded to do my best to bring up my two children as a single, custodial parent. Things were bad.
For a decade and a half, I endured moment-to-moment turmoil, working long, long hours—often in excess of a hundred hours a week—always just scratching by financially.
I got sick from the pressure, but powered on anyway. The only thing that would stop me would be if I dropped over unconscious from stress and sheer fatigue (and after fifteen years of relentless pressure, this became more than a possibility).
If things were so bad, why didn’t I just throw in the towel and get a regular job? Frankly, I was terrified of rejoining the workforce as someone else’s employee. The thought of having a traditional job sent shivers down my spine. After all those years of being on my own, working for someone else would be a nightmare for me and for my employer. I rationalized, if I am in Hell, at least it’s my Hell.
One night around 3:00 a.m… I found myself awake yet again, exhausted, with an unfunded payroll less than a week away, when suddenly I stopped thinking about work details, business philosophies, elaborate theories, or some last-minute divine intervention.
Without coaxing, and for no apparent reason, two simple, pragmatic questions charged out of the blackness: What have I been doing wrong all these years? And, since the end IS coming, what is there to lose if I abandon past assumptions and look at things from a completely different angle?
Then, quickly the answers came
I know it sounds corny, but I underwent an enlightenment of sorts. It struck me that Centratel was simply a self-contained mechanical device! It was—and is—nothing more than the sum of an assemblage of sequential systems: answering the phones, sales, payroll preparation, scheduling, handling complaints, etc. —each executed in a linear fashion whereby one step follows another step until the sequence for that particular system is complete and some kind of a result occurs. I saw that my mode of thinking and managing had been reactionary, defensive, and incredibly inefficient. I had taken the wrong stance because the mechanics had been invisible to me!
All I did was kill fires, unaware that they were the products of unseen, dysfunctional systems. These systems had lives of their own and were acting out their 1-2-3 sequences without direction, producing results that were unpredictable at the least, and debilitating at the worst.
My business was out of control because I had been coping with the random results of unmanaged systems. My life was chaos – not because I was some kind of loser or unfortunate victim of circumstance, but because most of the systems of my life were not being managed. Out of control, these inefficient secondary systems composed the dysfunctional primary systems of my life: business, health, and relationships.
But now I had the solution. I would disassemble Centratel, fix the pieces one by one, and put them back together again. If I did that, it seemed sensible that the finished product would be superior.
We made it through the payroll crisis by borrowing money! Then I immediately began to turn my attention to creating three sets of documents that would get Centratel on track:
I would create the Strategic Objective, which would define us and set goals.
I would put together the General Operating Principles, which would serve as our guidelines for making decisions.
We would write out our Working Procedures, which would exactly define every recurring process of the business.
Marching ahead without pause, we quickly began to see results as confusion diminished and cash flow came under control. In the first six months, my work week dropped from a hundred hours to sixty. Then, in the next six months, it fell below forty. In the next two-year period, our client base grew from three hundred to seven hundred as my work hours still progressed downward.
It took a long time to straighten things out, five long years actually. But as I look back, that’s understandable because we were figuring out the details of the Work the System methodology from scratch. We invested (and sometimes inadvertently wasted) time and money as we experimented with new concepts, tried to find the right management people, and stumbled with the system documentation.
Despite the setbacks and the additional workload, my physical involvement with the company’s daily operations continued to decline. Today, I spend just a couple of hours a week working on Centratel business. One of those hours is for our weekly staff meeting and the other is for paying bills and attending to various R&D efforts.
If we were to do this again without having to develop the process from scratch, it would take fewer than eighteen months to reach the lifestyle and income I now enjoy.
But, don’t just take my word for it. The following business owners used this same methodology to engineer their success…
I’m in the solar lighting construction business, and thanks to the Work the System Academy I’ve turned my operation into a machine which functions without me there day-to-day. I now work as little as 5 hours a week and, a few months ago we took a unique adventure, my family and I spent months in a remote Alaskan village.
Before discovering the Work the System Method I couldn’t see a way out of the constant grind of long work weeks and little income. My real estate management company had taken complete control of my life. I had almost given up the hope of finding a solution to the pain, but now, thanks to the Work the System Academy, I’m able to navigate each day in serenity…and sometimes I have to pinch myself as a reminder that this new life is real.
Imagine if your business could become a well-oiled machine that consistently produces happy, paying customers, generates no chaos, and doesn’t require your constant presence and attention!
It is possible.
But you may be thinking, “Sam, why should I listen to you? Just because you turned your business around doesn’t mean it will work for me.”
Well, I used to think that the Work The System Methodology might only work for businesses like mine, but the more I introduced it to people with all manner of businesses, the more I saw it working!
We’ve worked one-on-one with…
- Furniture Stores
- Commercial Appraisers
- Marketing Businesses
- Manufacturing Businesses
- Health and Fitness
- Logistics Businesses
- Consulting Firms
- Insurance Agents
- Call Centers
- Audio/Video Sales and Installation
- Retail Sales
- Software companies
- Property Managers
- Energy Companies
- Physical Therapy Centers
- Small Business
- Big Business
- Family Business
- Local Companies
- Regional Companies
- National Companies
- International Companies
And the list goes on and on and on…
I managed to find a methodology that gets down to the core fundamentals of any business.
The solution is universal and indisputable, and just like the law of gravity, it works everywhere, in the same way, all the time!
The best part of the Work the System Method is that it makes gut-sense. No esoteric theory. No blind faith propositions. Just simple, mechanical steps that you can take to quickly turn things around.
Why should you listen to me?
Well, it’s NOT because of my pedigree. I’m just an average Joe. And it’s NOT because of my long list of degrees. I have an AA degree in forestry. And it’s NOT because I have everything figured out. I don’t!
I come with blue-collar roots, a background that is a mixed bag
- land surveyor
- heavy-equipment operator
- factory worker
- door-to-door salesman
- technical consultant
- hamburger flipper
- house painter
- department store sales clerk
- construction superintendent
- project engineer
- ditch digger
- sales professional
- public speaker
- book publisher
- retail store owner
- lab technician
- mill worker
- stock and commodities investor
- telecommunications entrepreneur
- real estate salesman
- kitchen worker
- corporate CEO
- and business owner
Needless to say, I’ve taken the long road to freedom and wealth, but I got there! Today my income is comfortably in the top 1%, and yet I only work about 2 hours each week.
You know what I learned along the way?
Nobody likes working like a dog and getting paid peanuts! Most business owners live off the respect they get from the community because of their business card, and not because of their income.
Simply put, you should listen to me because I have developed a proven method that will take you from Underpaid and Overworked to Overpaid and Underworked! I did it myself. This is not theory. It’s fact. AND it will work for you –I guarantee it!
The system works if you Work the System!
Since the first edition of my book, Work the System: The Simple Mechanics of Making More and Working Less published in 2008, I have heard from literally thousands of business owners around the world who have used these methods to their own benefit.
The freedom my business now gives me has allowed me to discover a new passion along the way: helping business owners escape the chaos that keeps them trapped in long hours, and little pay. I now spend considerably more of my time helping other business owners than I do working in my own business.
The more my team has reached out to entrepreneurs, the more we encounter a common problem. It’s much easier to agree that this system works than it is to get started working it! .
Scores of people contacted me to say, “Sam, we get it – but can you help us get started?”
Over the years, we’ve done several things to help
And now, introducing…
The Work The System Academy
The Work The System Academy is an online training program, and it’s unlike any other program you’ve seen in the often hype-filled internet. The Academy is designed to take you by the hand and show you EXACTLY how within only 90 days you will be working less (probably much less), and making more (probably much more).
This isn’t theory! Through the Academy, I will personally guide you through implementing the Work the System Methodology in YOUR business.
The Academy picks up where the book left off
Remember when you first learned to ride a bike? I bet there was somebody (for me, it was my dad) holding onto the back of the seat, balancing the bike for you until you got the hang of it. Right? You weren’t aware of it, but with each successive attempt, your teacher would loosen the grip just a bit more until, BOOM! There you were, riding all by yourself.
Well, that’s the Work the System Academy. I am going to hold the bike steady while you learn to ride. Until now, my personal guidance was only available through our high-end consulting. But through the Academy, you will have me as your personal guide, taking you from overworked, stressed, and underpaid, to freedom, peace of mind, and making more money in only about 90 days.
The Work The System Methodology is the closest thing there has ever been to an “easy button” for entrepreneurs.
The Work The System Methodology is made up of three main components
The Strategic Objective
Your Declaration of Independence, your mandate for a better future.
The General Operating Principles
Your Constitution, a set of guidelines for future decision making.
The Working Procedures
Your laws, the rules of your game.
These are the documents that will guide you to your destination of working less and making more! They seem simple enough, right? Creating these three documents is easy, but creating them in the way that they radically transform your business takes skill and insight, and that’s exactly what I’m going to give you through the academy.
As a participant in the Work The System Academy, you will be getting help from me, the architect of this methodology, and it will skyrocket your chances of success!
With my guidance, I will share the nuanced details of the methodology and show you how to create the core documents that WILL turn your business into a money-generating machine that gives you all the freedom you desire.
First you work your systems.
Then your systems do the work.
Ok, so how does the Work The System Academy help me get this done?
In the Academy I will go into detail to help you…
- Discover the mindset that ALL successful entrepreneurs have, and then I’ll show you how to quickly develop the exact same mindset. You will discover the secret to viewing your business and life from an outside-and-slightly-elevated, system-improvement perspective – this is critical.
- Pinpoint and describe specific goals for your business, job, and life. And then define the methods you will use to achieve those goals. This is the process we will use to craft a powerful Strategic Objective. Not just any Strategic Objective, but one that makes you money.
- Create your personal collection of General Operating Principles. These Operating Principles are far more than just mere words on paper. I will teach you how to design them to control decision making. Yes, decision making that does NOT require your input.
- Define which of your specific systems are in need of improvement, and which should be discarded. Not only will I help you identify which systems need improvement, but I’ll also show you the specific steps you need to take to permanently improve them for maximum results.
- Dissect each system into its most fundamental components. For your business or your job, describe each system on paper in a 1-2- 3-step format. You can do all the right things, but if you’re doing them in the wrong order, you might as well not even do them. I’ll show you the quick and simple method for getting each of your systems documented.
- Improve the efficiency of the component steps, one system at a time, leaning hard toward stark simplicity. What good are systems if they are so complex that no one can follow them? I will show you how to change sequences and add or delete steps as necessary, so that we make each of your systems perfect.
- Document each system into a Working Procedure in order to ensure the continuity of your systems for your business. I’ll reveal how to create Working Procedures that are “off the street” ready. You want perfect systems executing 100% of the time.
- Put the new Working Procedures into play and tend to them on a regular basis, inspecting and tweaking as necessary.
- Tie your three core documents (Strategic Objective, Operating Principles, & Working Procedures) into one cohesive system that puts your business in a position for rapid scale expansion. You have created your very own “easy button” for business growth!
Here’s how it works…
Once you are an exclusive member of the Work The System Academy, you will gain instant – lifetime – access to the Academy Training Portal. Here you will receive the following:
- 19 videos – outlining in unprecedented detail – the steps necessary to implement the Work The System Methodology.
- A written transcript of each video lesson.
- A training guide for each lesson to ensure you get maximum results from each session.
- 19 “Do It Now” worksheets – one for each lesson. These worksheets will give you quick action exercises to ensure you’re on the right path.
- 8 – never released – sample documents from which you can model your Core Documents. Only our high-end consulting clients have been given access to these in the past.
- Our Powerful Procedure Identification Guide
Salepage : Shelley Hanlon – Work The System Academy
More From Categories : Internet Marketing Courses
- 1 Shelley Hanlon – Work The System Academy
- 126.96.36.199 Consider these staggering facts
- 188.8.131.52 Is your business on life support, slipping gradually towards oblivion on its way to becoming just another statistic? Or, is it just stuck and there seems to be no hope for relief?
- 184.108.40.206 I will show you the exact, proven blueprint I used to transform my failing business into a money-generating machine that only requires 2 hours of my attention per week!
- 220.127.116.11 Dear Friend,
- 18.104.22.168 But before I do, I’ll ask you a couple of questions, and be honest with yourself with your answers.
- 22.214.171.124 For a decade and a half, I endured moment-to-moment turmoil, working long, long hours—often in excess of a hundred hours a week—always just scratching by financially.
- 126.96.36.199 Then, quickly the answers came
- 188.8.131.52 We made it through the payroll crisis by borrowing money! Then I immediately began to turn my attention to creating three sets of documents that would get Centratel on track:
- 184.108.40.206 If we were to do this again without having to develop the process from scratch, it would take fewer than eighteen months to reach the lifestyle and income I now enjoy.
- 220.127.116.11 But, don’t just take my word for it. The following business owners used this same methodology to engineer their success…
- 18.104.22.168 Angelina Swanson
- 22.214.171.124 Brennan Morrow
- 126.96.36.199 Before discovering the Work the System Method I couldn’t see a way out of the constant grind of long work weeks and little income. My real estate management company had taken complete control of my life. I had almost given up the hope of finding a solution to the pain, but now, thanks to the Work the System Academy, I’m able to navigate each day in serenity…and sometimes I have to pinch myself as a reminder that this new life is real.
- 188.8.131.52 Darus Trutna
- 184.108.40.206 Imagine if your business could become a well-oiled machine that consistently produces happy, paying customers, generates no chaos, and doesn’t require your constant presence and attention!
- 220.127.116.11 It is possible.
- 18.104.22.168 We’ve worked one-on-one with…
- 22.214.171.124 I managed to find a methodology that gets down to the core fundamentals of any business.
- 126.96.36.199 The system works if you Work the System!
- 188.8.131.52 And now, introducing…
- 184.108.40.206 The Academy picks up where the book left off
- 220.127.116.11 The Strategic Objective
- 18.104.22.168 The General Operating Principles
- 22.214.171.124 The Working Procedures
- 126.96.36.199 First you work your systems. Then your systems do the work.
- 188.8.131.52 In the Academy I will go into detail to help you…
- 184.108.40.206 Here’s how it works…
- 1.0.1 About Author
Curriculum is empty
The world's leading collection of online courses, you can find the courses you need at Crabprofit.com. Please contact me if you need more information.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Comodo SSL encryp
- Learn Anywhere on any device
- Lifetime Support
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English