- 152 (Registered)
Spirituality & Mental Health from Esther W Williams
Spirituality & Mental Health Effective Strategies to Integrate Faith in Clinical Treatment from Esther W Williams
Faculty:Esther W Williams
Duration:5 Hours 31 Minutes | Format:Audio and Video
Integrating Spirituality in Client Care
- Defining spirituality and religion
- Benefits of including spirituality in therapy
- Important factors of physical and mental health
- Nonreligious or nonspiritual clients
- Utilize nature/Green Therapy
- Incorporate research-based forgiveness and gratitude practices
- Enhance spiritual harmony for LGBT clients
- Know when and to whom to refer
- Christian counseling
- Pastoral counseling
- Spiritual direction
Spiritual Development and Assessing Spiritual/Religious identity:
- Fowler’s theory of Faith Development
- Kohlberg’s levels of Moral Development
- Examine a client’s spiritual/religious journey and its role in treatment
- Discerning between life-giving vs. life-draining practices
- Appreciate the contributions of various faith traditions
- Lessons from teachers of the great world faith traditions
- And others
Integrate Spiritual Care With Your Counseling Approach
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy
- Experientially Focused
- The Twelve Step Program
Practicing Self-care for the Therapist
- Find your spiritual and ethical core
- Discover and connect with your True Self
- Spiritual practices to prevent burnout
Historically, there has been a rift between psychology and religion, but as helping professionals we need to recognize the significant contribution of religion and spirituality to an individual’s overall wellbeing. There are numerous studies providing empirical evidence suggesting a strong link between a person’s spiritual and religious beliefs and their physical and mental health. If a client is receptive, spirituality can be identified as a resource to complement psychological interventions which enhance coping during times of losses, conflicts, disappointments, and health issues.
It is often in situations of strain and tension that the greatest relevance of religion may be found. As therapists, we must be respectful of all faith traditions and our client’s personal spiritual beliefs, while also creating a safe place for our clients to preserve, evaluate, question, and revise their beliefs.
This seminar explores the impact of spirituality and faith on wellbeing, insight into the major spiritual traditions and Great World Religions, and ways to integrate spirituality into your personal counseling orientation. Attendees will discover the power of combining faith, nature, meditation, mindfulness, and prayer into the therapeutic process for improved treatment plans and outcomes.
Esther Williams, LPC, M.Ed., has 25 years of experience in public education, both in and out of the classroom. She is a licensed professional counselor in private practice and consults with school systems throughout the country on numerous school related issues including students with disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder, bullying, anger management and student motivation.
As a teacher and school counselor, Ms. Williams worked directly with students with disabilities, helping them find the school support that they needed to be academically and socially successful. She is a parent of two children with disabilities that qualified them for academic accommodations into graduate school. Ms. Williams’ background in public education, and experience as a parent, gives her a unique perspective in the IEP or 504 processes.
Ms. Williams received a Bachelor of Science degree and Masters of Counseling degree from Auburn University. She has published two books, Breaking Down the Wall of Anger and The Bully, The Bullied and Beyond.
More From Categories : HYPNOSIS – NLP
- 1 Spirituality & Mental Health from Esther W Williams
- 1.0.1 Spirituality & Mental Health Effective Strategies to Integrate Faith in Clinical Treatment from Esther W Williams
- 1.0.2 About Author
Curriculum is empty
The world's leading collection of online courses, you can find the courses you need at Crabprofit.com. Please contact me if you need more information.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Comodo SSL encryp
- Learn Anywhere on any device
- Lifetime Support
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English