- 281 (Registered)
The Heart in Detail from Cathy Lockett & Cyndi Zarbano
The Heart in Detail Everything You Need to Know About Functions, Conditions, Rhythms and EKGs from Cathy Lockett & Cyndi Zarbano
Do you wonder why your patient with a myocardial infarction will have dyspnea?
Do you have a hard time explaining how beta-blockers work?
Are you confused by ejection fractions, and even more so by hemodynamics?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the course for you.
To avoid life-threatening complications, you need to identify cardiac issues in their early stages and respond appropriately in each case. Even seasoned nurses are confused by the complexity of the cardiac system, and feel insecure in their assessment and analysis of rhythms and EKGs.
Take the fear and intimidation out of cardiac assessment and interpretation!
With this comprehensive, online video course, presenter Cathy Lockett will take you to the expert level. By building your knowledge step by step, you’ll finally have the specialized clinical skills and strategies to respond confidently for your patients’ well-being.
- Imagine the confidence you will have in your knowledge and ability to quickly assess complex cardiac patients.
- Gain the respect from your colleagues and patients when you respond rapidly and effectively in crisis situations.
- Achieve satisfaction when your advanced clinical skills save your patients’ lives.
The Heart in Detail
- Understanding Electrical & Mechanical Functions
- Coronary Artery Perfusion
- Caring for Patient with Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Heart Failure: Which Organs are Really Affected
- Valvular Heart Disease: Why the Left Side
- Additional Cardiac Disease Pathologies
- The ABCs of Cardiac Medications
- Advanced Skills in Assessment & Decision-Making
The Basics of Rhythm Interpretation
- The Best Leads for Waveform & Arrhythmia Detection
- Differentiating Stable from Unstable Rhythms
- Bradycardic Rhythms: Observe & Monitor OR Treat?
- Determining the Cause of Tachycardic Rhythms
- Supraventricular Arrhythmias: AV Node Re-entry or Enhanced Automaticity
- Ventricular Dysrhythmias: Perfusing or Not Perfusing?
- Practice Scenarios & Rhythm Strips
Practical Application of 12—Lead EKG Interpretation
- Easy, 9-Step Approach to Evaluation
- Calculating Axis
- Identifying the Cause of Intraventricular Conduction Delay
- Myocardial Infarction & Ischemia Identification
- STEMI Imposters
- Wide Complex Tachycardias: Tricks for Easy Identification
- WPW Syndrome on the EKG
Cathy Lockett, RN, MHA, BSN, CCRN EMERITUS, has been practicing critical care nursing for over 35 years. Her critical care background includes working in medical, surgical, neuro, cardiac and cardiovascular care with most of her clinical experience in the areas of medical cardiology and cardiovascular surgery. She has provided cardiovascular care in the role of staff nurse, preceptor, educator and supervisor. Utilizing her vast knowledge and experience, Cathy has presented on numerous topics related to cardiac and pulmonary care, including ECG interpretation, hemodynamic monitoring, basic and advanced arrhythmia, pulmonary diseases and IABP therapy. Additionally, Cathy is a Training Center Faculty member for the American Heart Association in the disciplines of Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
Click to learn more about Cathy Lockett
Cyndi Zarbano, MSN, BSN, CCRN, CEN, PCCN, CMSRN, CLNC, NLCP, is an intensive care nurse with over 20 years of nursing experience who is currently practicing in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. She is a nationally-recognized seminar speaker who has opened multiple national symposiums and speaks on several topics for PESI, as well as a variety of other companies in the US and Canada. In addition to her speaking engagements, Cyndi is a published author with a variety of books including Clinical Nursing Assessment Skills Pocket Guide and the Medical Surgical Nurses Pocket Guide. Her products also include textbooks, webcasts and webinars.
Click to learn more about Cyndi Zarbano
More From Categories : HEALTH – FITNESS – LIFESTYLE – MEDICAL
Curriculum is empty
The world's leading collection of online courses, you can find the courses you need at Crabprofit.com. Please contact me if you need more information.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Comodo SSL encryp
- Learn Anywhere on any device
- Lifetime Support
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English