- 182 (Registered)
The Injured Shoulder from Paul Marquis
The Injured Shoulder Strategies for Effective Clinical Management from Paul Marquis
Duration:6 Hours 32 Minutes | Format:Audio and Video
Archive : The Injured Shoulder from Paul Marquis
- Differential Diagnostic Checklists
- Current Concepts in Clinical Evaluation
- Shoulder Function – Normal vs. Abnormal
- Signs & Symptoms of the Painful Shoulder
- Reliable Special Tests
- Team Approach to Management of Injury
- “Red Flags” and Unusual Diagnoses
As an orthopedic healthcare provider, you will see many injured shoulders, one of the most common and complicated orthopedics injuries. It is a difficult joint to evaluate, and the constraints of managed care create more challenges. Your skills in proper evaluation and management are essential to avoiding long term injury, loss of work, and inability to play sports for your patients.
This exciting one-day course will provide you with a systematic approach to efficiently manage your patients. Paul Marquis will emphasize identification of affected anatomical structures along with specific subjective and objective evaluation of the shoulder. Causes of shoulder pain, referred pain both to and from the shoulder, and management of these cases in the office or clinic will be stressed. You will learn through lectures, practical hands-on labs, and video demonstration of patients with shoulder dysfunction. Leave this seminar with the best and latest strategies to improve outcomes today!
- Subjective questions
- Mechanisms of injury
- Normal vs. abnormal motion
- Manual muscle testing
- Special tests
Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Rotator cuff impingement
- Tendinitis vs. tendinopathy
- Rotator cuff tears
- Biceps tendinitis/tears
- Postural implications
- Treatment of rotator cuff tears/tendinitis
Cervical Spine Radiculopathy Mimicking a Rotator Cuff Tear
- Cervical spine anatomy review
- Similarities in signs and symptoms
- Cervical spine clearing tests
- Marquis maneuver
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Managing nerve root compression
- Postural strengthening exercises
- Predisposing factors
- Capsular pattern of the shoulder
- Differential diagnosis of adhesive capsulitis
- Effective treatment techniques
Unusual Shoulder Diagnoses
- Subjective and objective “Red Flags”
- Pancoast Tumor/Pathologic Fx
- Nerve Injuries
- Signs and symptoms of arthritis
- Avascular necrosis
- Gleno-humeral and A-C joint
- Need for shoulder arthroplasty?
- Conservative treatment
- Patient education
- Shoulder posture and palpation
- Perform special tests
- Selective tissue tension testing
- Cervical spine clearing tests
- Video case presentations
- Review functional anatomy of the shoulder complex.
- Identify special tests used by orthopedic surgeons who specialize in shoulders.
- Develop a treatment algorithm for managing shoulder pain.
- Discuss early intervention for acute shoulder injuries.
- Differentiate between a shoulder injury and a cervical spine radiculopathy.
- Compare and contrast rotator cuff tears, tendinitis, arthritis and adhesive capsulitis.
- Evaluate new hands-on clinical exam skills.
- Identify unusual shoulder diagnoses and discuss appropriate referrals.
Salepage : The Injured Shoulder from Paul Marquis
More From Categories : HEALTH – FITNESS – LIFESTYLE – MEDICAL
- 1 The Injured Shoulder from Paul Marquis
Curriculum is empty
The world's leading collection of online courses, you can find the courses you need at Crabprofit.com. Please contact me if you need more information.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Comodo SSL encryp
- Learn Anywhere on any device
- Lifetime Support
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English