- 184 (Registered)
The Post-Acute Patient from Robin Gilbert & Susan Fralick-Ball
The Post-Acute Patient Cardiac and Neurological Interdisciplinary Rehabilitation Strategies frpm Robin Gilbert & Susan Fralick-Ball
A diagnosis of a cardiac or neurological disorder diagnosis can hugely impact your patient’s career, family planning, finances, essentially their entire life…this can be devastating.
Whether your treatment goals are prevention or prolonging progression, you are handling situations that can be emotionally and physically challenging for a patient and their family. Not only do you have to keep updated on the latest research for medications and treatments, you also have to be prepared for the psychosocial aspects of the disease process.
In 12 step-by-step sessions you will be equipped with the latest updates on medications, the most effective symptom management strategies and personalized care plans you can use the very next day to improve the care of your cardiac and neurological post-acute patients.
Walk away feeling confident in your ability to:
- Identify symptom management strategies
- Personalize disease modifying therapies
- Assess current functioning
- Address Psychosocial issues
- Navigate the complexities of the healthcare system
Don’t leave your patients feeling physically and emotionally overwhelmed by their diagnosis. Learn what more you can do for your patients TODAY!
- Diagnosis of Acute Heart Disease and Coronary Syndrome
- STEMI an Non-STEMI
- PTCA & CABG
- Cardiac rehab referrals
- Patients who “fall through the cracks”
- Rehab phases 1 through 4
- Care plans for special patient populations
- Heart failure and heart transplant
- Atrial Fib & Tachycardias
- Bradycardias & Heart Blocks
- Pacemakers, ICDs and valve replacements
- Reacting to pulmonary emergencies
- Handling diabetic complications
- Interpreting lab work
- Assessing & supporting patient lifestyle changes
- Educating your patients
- Preparing for an emergency
- Dealing with insurance and reimbursement
- Using technology
- Breaking down Multiple Sclerosis
- Interpreting signs & symptoms
- Diagnostic criteria
- Medication management from A to Z
- PR & OT interventions
- Coping with disabling fatigue
- Deep look at Parkinson’s Disease
- Major symptoms to look for
- New medications for symptom management
- Effectiveness of deep brain stimulation
- Risk factors for Myasthenia Gravis
- The autoimmune process and pathways to recover
- Cholinergic vs. Myasthenic Crisis
- Diagnosis and management of Duchenne Muscular & Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy
- Gene replacement therapy and stem cell research
- Variants and treatment options for Guillain-Barré
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy/Polyradiculopathy
- Clinical trials for treatment of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Assessing quality of life issues
- Helping the family cope with end of life decisions
Robin Gilbert, RN, MSN, CEN, CPEN, has over 25 years’ experience in emergency nursing. A number of her years in emergency nursing included experience in a pediatric emergency department at Boston Medical Center. She is both a certified emergency nurse and certified pediatric emergency nurse. Robin has experience as an emergency department manager, manager of cardiac & pulmonary rehabilitation and, currently, as the regional manager for staff development at Central Maine Medical Center. She instructs the NCLEX review class for Kaplan and tutors nursing students online for a local college of nursing. Her experience also includes having been an item writer for the Board Certification of Emergency Nursing and a former Chairperson. Robin was the coordinator for her employer’s “Pathway to Excellence” designation, which was received in 2012.
In her role, Robin is able to remain current in the trends and best practices standards for care of the pediatric population. Robin received her BSN from Curry College, Massachusetts and her MSN from Saint Joseph’s College, Maine. Robin is an active member of the Emergency Nurses Association, the American Nurses Association, Society of Critical Care Medicine, and a reviewer for the ANCC’s Pathway to Excellence program.
Click to learn more about Robin Gilbert
Susan Fralick-Ball, PsyD, MSN, CLNC, CH, is a licensed clinical neuropsychologist with an additional 40 years of clinical/educational nursing practice in a wide range of specialties. As a neuropsychologist, she has worked with patients having a vast variety of neurological disorders. Susan was responsible for coordinating all clinical and administrative activities for the stroke program of a nationally renowned neurological-medical rehabilitation hospital where she also developed a stroke support group for patients, family members, and staff. Additionally, she aided patients with neuromuscular and neurodegenerative disorders such as MS, Guillain-Barré, CIDP, Parkinson’s, Myasthenia Gravis, ALS, Spinal cord injuries, TBI, head trauma, and dementias.
As a former member of the Neurocognitive Regional Conference Committee, Susan was instrumental in developing and speaking at conferences to teach medical and health care support staff about neurological challenges and developments. She has also taught neurological nursing and neurophysiology at the graduate level. She has mentored and supervised nurses, social workers, psychologists, and music therapists in the clinical setting. Dr. Fralick-Ball is the founder of the PsychMedEd where she continues to work with patients challenged by the detrimental psychological effects of neurological disorders, is a clinical neuropsychologist for the VistaMed group in the greater Philadelphia area, and a nationally recognized nursing/psychology educator and conference presenter. She continues to lend social assistance to those with neurological disorders through her charitable organization, With Thy Grace.
Click to learn more about Susan Fralick-Ball
More From Categories : HEALTH – FITNESS – LIFESTYLE – MEDICAL
- 1 The Post-Acute Patient from Robin Gilbert & Susan Fralick-Ball
Curriculum is empty
The world's leading collection of online courses, you can find the courses you need at Crabprofit.com. Please contact me if you need more information.
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Comodo SSL encryp
- Learn Anywhere on any device
- Lifetime Support
- Full lifetime access
- Language: English