Mark Schultz – Grappling Deluxe 4 DVD Set
Mark Schultz – Grappling Deluxe 4 DVD Set
This Deluxe Edition 4 DVD set stars Mark Schultz (NCAA Champion, World Champion, Olympic Champion, and UFC winner). Mark is deadly talented as both a competitor, and as these DVDs attest, as a coach too!
Disc 1 is “The Schultz Headlock”
This DVD stars not just one Olympic Gold Medal winning wrestler. This video also stars the one and only Cael Sanderson as Mark’s demonstrating partner. On this DVD you’ll find:
1) TONS of set-ups for the FHL
2) The advantage of getting head to head with your opponent
3) How to set-up the FHL from no tie-up at all!
4) The egg beater technique. Club your way into the FHL
5) A deceptively simple and effective way to grab the head for the FHL
6) A quick review of grips (the C-Clamp grip, the wrestler’s grip, and the gut-wrench grip)
7) The most common defensive entry into the FHL!
8) Set-up from the over-under tie-up
9) How to secure the FHL by “punching the mat”…
10) The centrifugal FHL entry (this one is worth the price of the DVD by itself. I know everyone says that but it is so true here!)
11) How to get the FHL from the whizzer.
12) Cutting the corner…
13) Kneeing to the head from the FHL!
14) Getting behind your opponent from the FHL
15) The one arm crossface arm drag.
16) Learn how “The Barrett” sets up the crucifix submission while simultaneously attacking the knee joint!
17) Leg attacks from the FHL like the high-crotch
18) the arm drag from the FHL…
19) The front bodylock takedown from the FHL
20) Set-up for the cradle.
21) Far-side head shuck
22) The unstoppable near knee-block spin behind
Disc 2 is “Takedowns: Set-Ups to Leg Attacks”
Have you seen UFC IX? Watch how easily Mark takes Goodrich down over and over again. Once you cross-reference that fight with this new DVD, you will know exactly how he did it!
In this DVD details the finer points of:
1) Effective arm drag drills…
2) The fastest takedown in ALL of wrestling.
3) Why you should avoid the fireman’s carry!
4) How to nail the high-crotch from an overhook by limping your arm.
5) Takedown variations from the Russian 2-on-1.
6) Takedown variations from the Arm-throw tie-up.
7) Takedown variations from the Over-Under tie-up.
8) Takedown variations from the Double Over-hook.
9) Takedown variations from no tie-up at all!
10) How to use the football forearm shift to set up tackles.
11) Brutal Soccer style foot sweeps…
12) How to Master The Seven Basic Techniques of the Takedown (lifting, tripping, spinning behind, running the pipe, switching to another move, going out the back door, and cracking him down to his hip)
13) Set-ups for the High Crotch
14) Set-ups for the Single Leg
15) Tricks to finish off your opponent once you get the single
16) The Barsagar
17) Set-ups for the Double-Leg
18) Set-ups for the Low Single
Disc 3 and 4 are “MMA and Submission Grappling”
Mark Schultz shares the fruit of his countless hours of labor spent on the mat wrestling at elite levels and with jiu-jitsu experts Pedro Sauer and Walt Bayless.
Mark has proven himself to be at the very top of the game in one of the most competitive sports in the world and in this DVD he concerns himself with only high percentage submission, MMA, and self-defense techniques.
Mark packs as much as he can in, including:
-how to think about Combat Sports vs. Self-Defense
-how to use the ground as your weapon
-attacking in MMA and Wrestling
-Closing the distance
-A simple way to damage your opponent’s hand in MMA
-How to get MAXIMUM penetration on your takedowns
-A review of the 7 categories of leg attacks
-The best way to take a man down
-How to keep the guy from getting you in the guard after you’ve taken him down
-The Alligator Death Roll
-Various Front Head Lock entries
-The Alligator Death Roll – Crossface variation
-The Near Knee-Block Choke and Further Nelson Submission
-The Schultz Headlock, the Front Face Lock, and the Double Wrist Lock
-A brutal but simple guillotine choke
-The Judo Headlock
-The Centrifugal Armbar Entry
-Multiple Crucifix Entries
-A High Crotch Reversal into the V1 Pillowlock
-What to do when you have the “Guard”
-How to take a heel hook when you’ve been mounted
-The Castolious Roll
-The Schultz Kneebar to Toe-Hold and Stepover-Toe-Hold
-The Bayless Kneebreaker
-The crossbody Toe-Hold
More From : Fighting