- 1 Shamanic Wisdom for Fruitful Aging by Tom Pinkson
- 1.0.1 Shamanic Wisdom for Fruitful Aging by Tom Pinkson
- 1.0.2 The Power of Belief
- 1.0.3 Rewrite Your Script of Aging
- 1.0.4 Aging Consciously and Fruitfully
- 1.0.5 The Power of Shamanic Wisdom Teachings
- 1.0.6 About Author
Shamanic Wisdom for Fruitful Aging by Tom Pinkson
Shamanic Wisdom for Fruitful Aging by Tom Pinkson
Apply Ancient Indigenous Practices and Shamanic Wisdom to Transform Your Later Years Into a Beautiful, Productive and Exhilarating Time of Life.
Access the Rejuvenating Power of Nature and Ritual to Embody a More Spirit-filled Quality of Life That’s Heart-based and Deeply Fulfilling.
Are you over 50 years old and find yourself thinking about how you can live the rest of your days in a way that brings you joy and adds love to the world?
Have you ever wondered if the story of your life has already been written… or if you can alter and reshape it according to your dreams and intentions?
Would you be surprised to discover that the secret to a brighter future may lie in the distant past?
That’s where you’ll find the Indigenous wisdom and shamanic practices that can help you thrive as you consciously and joyously enter your elder years.
By drawing on concepts and practices from Indigenous spirituality and shamanic belief systems — bolstered by modern scientific research — you can skillfully use them to grow into your fullest blossoming and the very best version of yourself.
This ancient wisdom can help you harmoniously align with the true nature of the universe — and open the doorway to more meaningful and purposeful aging so you can hear what your soul is calling you to do in the last third of your life.
It all begins rather simply — by shapeshifting your perspective on aging. In the shamanic sense, shapeshifting means shifting your experience of reality.
Is that really possible? You bet it is.
You see, there are two basic realities: objective reality and perceived reality. Objective reality includes whatever exists in material form. Perceived, or subjective, reality includes everything else.
In other words, they way you now view the world is not “just the way things are.” It’s actually the way you perceive things to be.
When you gain clarity about how you perceive the world, aging and life itself, you can choose to shift your perceptions, which then shifts — and transforms — your reality.
The implications of that statement are staggering. Simply by shifting the way you perceive yourself, your aging journey, and essentially any situation you find yourself in, you can change your reality.
That’s right, your reality. The rest of your life can become the best of your life as soon as you recognize that your perception of reality is uniquely your own.
By embracing the inherent power of this shamanic wisdom, you have a tremendous opportunity to transform your life in remarkable, beautiful and lasting ways.
The Power of Belief
Research shows that our beliefs about aging directly impact our longevity, vitality and enthusiastic engagement with life. Yet, as Wayne Dyer noted, a belief system is nothing more than a thought you’ve thought over and over again.
If you view your later years as a time of decline, marginalization or loneliness, that’s what you’ll tend to create for yourself…
And underlying messages in our culture reinforce the idea that once you reach retirement age, you no longer have a meaningful role to play…
So it’s understandable, as you get older, why you might start to feel irrelevant… or that your best days are behind you… or that the legacy you were meant to leave should already be in place. You may also find your passion waning and lose sight of a larger vision for the next stage of your life.
However, as Indigenous wisdom has taught us, your beliefs about aging can work both ways…
If you believe in an empowering “heart path” vision for your aging journey, one in which you’re centered in spiritual service and are approaching your later years as a time to contribute your greatest gifts and serve the deepest needs of our time, that belief will shape and transform your reality.
What’s more, embracing and embodying that quest will feed you with vitality and strengthen your spirit even as your physical body undergoes the inevitable changes that come with aging.
Are you ready to become a shining example of what’s possible in your later years?
Think what life would look like if you looked forward to your elder years in the same way that so many people in traditional and Indigenous cultures do — where elders are honored as sages who are called upon for counsel because of their wider vision of the world. And where aging is a time where you harvest the love, joy and wisdom of a lifetime and occupy a place of honor, service and meaning in your family and community…
Wise, engaged and caring elders are essential for our world. So many of our collective challenges are born of conflict, misunderstanding, greed, unhealed wounds and lack of foresight — all areas that elders are naturally gifted in helping to solve.
In many ways, it’s our elders who are most able to shift our world to one that is healthy, sustainable, peaceful and prosperous. And shifting this reality begins with each of us…
Rewrite Your Script of Aging
In Dr. Tom Pinkson’s 7-part program, Shamanic Wisdom for Fruitful Aging, you’ll discover how to rewrite the script on your aging journey so that you can live a more meaningful life and cultivate more spiritually enriching and impactful elder years than you may have thought possible!
For more than 50 years, Tom has traveled the globe studying Indigenous wisdom ways and best practices for healing and aging fruitfully.
He can show you time-honored ways to expand your consciousness, which leads to deep inquiry and helps shape the perspectives that lead you to thrive in body, heart, mind and soul.
He’ll help you access what Indigenous wisdom calls your “heart memory,” that intuitive knowledge and understanding within your deeper being that is only accessible through the deep listening of your soul.
He’ll help you step into a new aging paradigm that gives you a more multidimensional understanding of your potential for meaning and continued growth — and that helps you tap into reservoirs of joy and vitality.
He’ll share how you can fully embrace the identity shift that being an elder represents. In the process, you’ll learn to release unresolved emotional baggage that can sabotage your story of aging, get in touch with your authentic heart path vision for your elderhood, and access the energy and passion that can make that vision a reality.
You’ll find yourself trading in feelings of isolation and loneliness for an empowered and purposeful community of allies. You’ll be poised to create a legacy of service by giving and sharing the deepest, most beautiful parts of yourself in ways that support a healthy world for your descendents.
Indeed, the creation of your legacy does not end with retirement. The legacy you create in this stage of your life flows out of your continual growth and service to the world.
Aging Consciously and Fruitfully
An important key to fruitful aging is aligning yourself more with your spirit than with your ego. This core paradigm shift frees you from enslavement to an illusory world governed by the misleading input of your senses, and opens wide the gateway to a wondrous new world bursting with beauty, promise and endless possibility.
What your ego sees is not an intelligent, complex web of divine energy in which every atom is connected to every other atom beyond space and time, but a projection of a deeply flawed worldview based on your own experiences, biases and judgments.
When you identify with ego, with separateness and scarcity, you see yourself as alone and vulnerable in an unfriendly world. Transcend your ego, and you awaken to discover that behind every perceived separation from Spirit is a doorway to the Divine.
Switch your allegiance from your ego to your spirit, and pressure and struggling give way to peace and serenity. Your relationship with your body is transformed — where once any evidence of aging threatened to consume your thoughts, you now compassionately view your body as a useful vehicle enabling you to contribute to the world in fulfilling and meaningful ways.
While the challenges that come with aging — from aches and pains to reduced physical capacity to the grief associated with loss — are very real, reframing your perspective on life and aging can help you deal with those situations in a skillful way that enriches your experiences and provides you with a deeper sense of living in alignment with your soul.
So while there’s a letting go, with faith and trust, of the identity around ego and the physical functions that determined your sense of wellbeing and identity, you can empower yourself through connecting with the deeper essence of who and what you really are.
And that in turn connects you to an infinite source of creativity that can reignite your excitement with life, and add clarity and depth to your sense of meaning and purpose when you awaken each morning to start a new day.
Tom will share with you his deep insights into the shamanic worldview that the creative power of the universe wants to support you in finding and developing your unique gifts that are aligned with your purpose in being on the planet at this time in history.
Discovering that purpose and living in service to it will provide you with a comforting sense of completion and the gratifying knowledge that you have fulfilled your mission in this life.
Your mission is not about being perfect and it has nothing to do with how successful you were in life as defined by how this society keeps score. It’s about showing up and doing your best to live from your integrity, your heart, and your very essence to fulfill your intuitive sense of purpose and meaning in faithful communion with the creative power that gave you and sustains your life.
The Power of Shamanic Wisdom Teachings
Tom’s years of immersion in shamanic cultures have yielded a treasure trove of wisdom and insight into the art of living harmoniously with the natural world with mindfulness and conscious intent.
His half-century of work with Indigenous elders around the world, highlighted by his profound 11-year apprenticeship with Huichol shamans in the Mexican Sierra Madre, provided a wealth of healing earth-wisdom that can adorn your aging journey with beauty, grace and power.
Some fascinating concepts from the Huichol that can positively impact the quality of your life include:
- Nierica : A sacred portal you can open between dimensions of consciousness, accessing ancestral knowledge, animal spirits and deep guidance
- Tatewari : The spirit of fire, seen as a grandfather; by invoking this spirit through the ritual of lighting a candle in the morning and honoring the dawn, you can empower a more conscious, intentional, creative day
- Takutsi Nakaway : This grandmother spirit connects with the flowers on the fruit trees and the invisible power of Mother Earth
Knowledge and practice of these medicine teachings can help you make a paradigm shift in how you relate to aging. By discovering how to feed your ancestor spirits and heal intergenerational ancestral wounds, you can release yourself from negative programming around aging and gain access to deep wisdom.
You’ll also discover that no matter what challenges you’re facing, you don’t have to face them alone. Given that we are all connected beyond space and time, you have perpetual access to ancestor spirits and power animals who can help with and support you through any challenges — and move you from victim consciousness to a lived-in state of empowerment.
These shamanic wisdom teachings are an effective way to gain clarity about your intentions for the rest of your days — the qualities of consciousness and being that you want to experience more frequently and more consistently in your life. These qualities may range from more inner peace to a greater sense of courage to a deeper connection to grace to increased self-confidence.
Ultimately, by working with your subconscious and your intentions, and by connecting with your ancestor spirits and power animal allies, you can emerge with an empowering view of how your golden years can fulfill their highest purpose.
- Experience a positive vision of aging and a conscious approach to elderhood
- Access Indigenous wisdom and rituals to experience a deeper sense of connection to life
- Tap into purpose, passion and a higher vision for your life
- Deepen your relationship with the sacred force that governs the universe
- Apply shamanic wisdom to empower a new heart path vision for your life
- Find a pathway for being “relevant”
- Discover how to reshape your legacy in a deeply meaningful way
- Join a supportive community of kindred spirits
- Awaken from the delusion of separateness
- Cultivate a deeper sense of living in alignment with your soul
- Explore the possibilities for the next stage of your life
- Encounter a new way of looking at your life’s “assignments”
- Recognize how spiritual needs change as you age
- Experience better energy as you shed your “baggage”
- Explore your role as an elder who can help others now and leave a valuable legacy for the future
In this 7-part transformational program, Tom will guide you through the fundamental spiritual skills and competencies you’ll need to successfully develop a new understanding of who and what you really are, beyond the physical body and ego identity, that opens up your access to infinite creativity.
Each contemplation and training session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools and principles you’ll need to sustain living your life with more intention and ritual.
Aging is a natural process but how you age is up to you — and it starts with your intention of how you want to experience it. We are culturally programmed to view aging in a negative way. This first module will help you shift to a new paradigm that values older people and leverages their wisdom in a socially integrative way that produces intergenerational healing. You’ll explore how to welcome and make the most of your aging process so that you can grow into the fullest blossoming of your greatest good while skillfully meeting the challenges of aging.
In this module, you’ll discover how to:
- Shapeshift the root problem of dysfunctional and ageist cosmology to a functional one based on science and the wisdom of a shamanic worldview that honors and uses the wisdom of elders
- Identify out-of-balance soul traits that “clog your pipes”
- Raise your “sparks of divinity” to an infinite self that transcends the aging body
- Create an Uru, a shamanic tool to guide your life based on your intention to age fruitfully, consciously and skillfully
In this module, you’ll move past wishing and hoping to create a regular set of practices based on the qualities of mind and being that you want to experience on a more consistent basis as you grow deeper into your elder years. Shamanic practices will help you gain empowerment through the always present powers of nature — the true “elders” that have withstood the passage of time.
In this module, you’ll:
- Discover how to access the powers of nature
- Study the practical tools of right-relationship
- Come to understand the sacredness of reciprocity
- Create a personally designed ritual to start and end your day with power and consciousness, building self-esteem through your aging years
- Program your internal and external environment for successfully meeting and using the challenges and opportunities of aging as gifts to help you grow in a positive way
Opening the doorway of conscious connection to your ancestors provides you with survival-based wisdom knowledge from the ages to enrich your daily life with a resource that wants you to succeed, especially in your role as elder. Ancestor guidance and support will empower you to share this wisdom with your community in mutually beneficial ways for generations to come.
In this module, you’ll discover how to:
- Heal ancestral lines and open the circuit of connection
- Tap the wisdom power of your ancestors
- Create an ancestor altar
- Feed your ancestor spirits
- Heal intergenerational ancestral wounds
- Keep the ancestral circuit open and available to you for problem solving and support to enrich your elder years with meaning and purpose
Would you like somebody to watch over and guide you on your way as you age? Well, you do — only it’s not a somebody, it’s an animal spirit. We are much more than our bodies and our rational minds; we are multidimensional beings. Forging a relationship with your power animal will help you tap into a trans-human resource of support to address the challenges of aging with confidence and inner strength, deepening your spirituality in amazing ways.
In this module, you’ll discover:
- What a power animal is
- What a power animal does
- How to connect with your power animal
- How to strengthen and deepen your connection with your power animal
- How to use the gifts of your power animal to handle aging challenges of daily life
- How to use second attention perception to find magic in the ordinary when you can no longer do what you used to be able to do when you were younger, stronger and more able-bodied
When circumstances of aging push our buttons, our primitive brain reactivity patterns get activated and our relationships suffer, both with ourselves and with others. Shamanic techniques can help you use those very same patterns as vehicles for healthy shapeshifting, resulting in greater peace of mind, confidence and more loving relationships. What you have to offer is sorely needed, so it’s vital that you become an agent of conscious evolution at this amazing time of transition we’re living in.
In this module, you’ll discover how to:
- Recognize and “tame” your reactivity patterns
- Tap the wisdom power of the shadow
- Identify the tests of your spiritual curriculum
- Shapeshift emotional, mental and physical energy states for enhanced wellbeing and vitality
- Move from victim state reactivity to empowered spiritual warrior, contributing consciously and skillfully to your own evolution and to the planets as well
Physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health are all strengthened when you have an egoless sense of meaning and purpose in your life that nurtures others. Your elder years is the precise time to shift from a job-related focus to a heart-centered focus that brings deep satisfaction, as you move more deeply into soul-guided authenticity and integrity with creativity, courage and grace. Embracing the aging process enables you to blossom into the realization of what truly has the greatest meaning and value for your deepest being.
This module will help you:
- Find your heart path vision
- Tap infinite creativity
- Strengthen your courage to act
- Use challenge and adversity as vehicles of opportunity to do your growth work
- Exercise your faith, trust and surrender muscles
- Shift identity from personal to transpersonal consciousness for more heart sharing relationships based on love, and for contributing your gifts to your family and community where they’re most needed
In a death-denying culture we see death as the enemy, so we live in anxiety and fear of the Grim Reaper, which diminishes our life force vitality and constricts our life expression. We need to bring death out of the closet and use the fact of our mortality to enrich our daily living, keeping it juicy right up to the last breath… and beyond!
In this module you’ll:
- Explore who and what dies and what doesn’t
- Gain a new understanding of the importance of navigational skills for working with altered states of consciousness
- Create and enact a Death Arrow ceremony that will empower your living
- Use shamanic practices to dissolve the causes of suffering
- Wake up and remember the truth of your being — what you are and why you are here
Self Help – Self Help online course
More information about Self Help:
Self-help or self-improvement is a self-guided improvement—economically, intellectually, or emotionally—often with a substantial psychological basis.
Many different self-help group programs exist, each with its own focus, techniques, associated beliefs, proponents and in some cases, leaders.
Concepts and terms originating in self-help culture and Twelve-Step culture, such as recovery, dysfunctional families, and codependency have become firmly integrated in mainstream language.
Self-help often utilizes publicly available information or support groups, on the Internet as well as in person, where people in similar situations join together.
From early examples in self-driven legal practice and home-spun advice, the connotations of the word have spread and often apply particularly to education, business,
psychology and psychotherapy, commonly distributed through the popular genre of self-help books.
According to the APA Dictionary of Psychology, potential benefits of self-help groups that professionals may not be able to provide include friendship,
emotional support, experiential knowledge, identity, meaningful roles, and a sense of belonging.
Tom Pinkson is a Ph.D. Psychologist, Rites of Passage Leader, Shaman, writer and Vision Quest Guide. He is the founder of Wakan, a non-profit organization committed to restoring the sacred in daily life, and author of several books, including his most recent, Fruitful Aging.
More From Categories : HEALTH – FITNESS – LIFESTYLE – MEDICAL